The Good Morning Snore Solution, typically referred to as the GMSS, is a tongue stabilizing device (TSD). Looking at this device you will notice almost instantly, that this is far different from your traditional MADs and for my husband it was perfect!
That holds true in not just it’s looks, but its functions. If your like me, you may be looking at this device wondering what it even does. Oddly designed with a look that makes you wonder—this device delivers.
I have used both MADs and the GMSS, and have come to a conclusion on whether or not this device is really the best one available. You will find many reviews scattered across the web with a overwhelming applause for its effectiveness. I was determined to give it my own honest opinion.
What I found was as advertised. One of—if not the best devices.
Its cost-effective, comfortable, one-size-fits-all, and best of all—it stops your snoring.
What Makes It Different?
The GMSS functions differently than your typical MAD. While a MAD works by positioning your lower jaw in an advanced position—the GMSS holds your tongue forward and in a stable position. By doing this it allows your airway to stay obstruction-free and eliminates the annoyance of a sore jaw in the morning. With your tongue held in this position, it doesn’t fall back into your throat thus ridding you of those awful vibration noises [snoring] at night.
How To Fit It
Fitting the GMSS is different than your MADs boil and bite technique. I assure you that you will be blown away by the overall comfort it brings, with a super soft feel.
It only requires you to follow four easy steps to fit it too.
1. Place the mouthpiece in your mouth and let it rest between your front teeth and lips, leaving the bulb end on the outside of your mouth.
2. Pinch the bulb to remove any air in it.
3. Insert the tip of your tongue in the end of the device and release the bulb. Creating suction between your tongue and the device.
4. Gently relax your tongue so that the tip of your tongue stays in the bulb.
- Universal Sizing for no custom fit process
- Superior Comfort
- Can be worn with dentures, bridgework, crowns, and caps
- Long life-span since you don’t bite down on it. Averaging about 12 months or longer
- FDA, Australian DPHA, and Health Canada’s TPD approved for one of the most decorated accreditations
- Maintains an open airway—with no obstructions
- Clinically proven effectiveness
- Made of BPA Free Material
- 30-Day-Money-Back-Guarantee—Risk Free
- User-friendly—no adjustments needed
- International sales options are available
- Can cause commonly found drooling
- No air holes so you must breath through your nose. If you have any nasal issues, you can not use this device.
- Soreness is expected during the first week of use but will decrease over time
- Suggested to be cleaned with a specialize cleaning solution, however, it is basically the same as denture cleaning solutions, but it would be more ideal if you could clean it with your toothpaste.
Perfect If You
- Wear dentures and can’t bite down on a MAD
- Have loose or weak teeth making wearing it painful
- Have had bridge work, caps, crowns, that can be damaged by a MAD
- Don’t like having a sore jaw from the MADs
- Did not get any help with your snoring using a MAD
How Much Does It Cost?
With the high reputation and stellar reviews, you may think that the GMSS is going to break the bank. Originally priced at about $129.94, you can now get one for only $99.94. With shipping price averaging about $10.
You can purchase a family or dual pack option that get you two mouthpieces for $129.94—or about $64.97 per unit.
Like other of the most highly reviewed snoring mouthpiece, the GMSS does offer a money-back guarantee for your first 30 days. If you are unsatisfied within 30 days of your purchase you can return your device for a full refund.
No prescription is necessary with this device, and you may notice that the GMSS site does state that you need a valid prescription from your dentist, but when you purchase one—it isn’t required to order.
Should You Buy It?
If you fall under any of the categories mention above under “Perfect Fit If You..” than of course this is the device for you. It has a renowned reputation for reason, with its biggest attraction being that it is the perfect alternative to the MAD.
If you are having trouble with comfort, are sick of the soreness, or you just have had zero luck with stopping your snoring—the GMSS is a must-buy!